Even if you do your best to take care of your lawn during the summer, high temperatures can cause damage to your grass. This is even truer if you experience any droughts, or if your lawn consists of Fescue grass, which tends to struggle with Virginia’s weather conditions.
You may end up with patches of thin grass or bare areas as a result of heat damage. This is why you’ll want to repair any damaged spots in your lawn once summer ends. This means seeding your lawn in the fall.
Seeding is the act of spreading grass seed to add more young, greener and healthier grass to your lawn. Seeding is a process that will help keep your lawn looking green and healthy.
Why You Should Seed in the Fall
Seeding your lawn in the summer will cause your seed to burn due to high temperatures. Seeding your lawn in the winter is not suggested because grass is dormant. But what about the fall?
Fall tends to be the best time to seed because cold-season grasses grow much more during this time of year and warm-season weeds are much less active. Also, this is the time when soil temperatures are at optimal conditions for Tall Fescue seeds to germinate. Aeration and Seeding will give your lawn the rejuvenation it needs after each summer.
In some cases, your lawn may look perfectly fine coming out of the summer. This doesn’t mean you don’t need to seed your lawn though.
Why Aeration & Seeding?
You mow your lawn regularly, right? This is a good thing; however, if you mow your lawn consistently, the lawn won’t have the chance to propagate itself.
As the grass ages, it will have difficulty maintaining growth as it deals with the common stresses that all lawns deal with and as it competes with weeds. So aerating and seeding provides your lawn with new seedlings that grow into new, healthy turf.
Aeration and seeding is a cumbersome, multi-step process. If you don’t want to take on the hassle yourself, trust Virginia Green to take on your lawn care needs.
Let Virginia Green Help
Seeding your lawn is no easy task. There are a lot of steps involved, which require a lot of effort to execute properly. Because of this, you should strongly consider Virginia Green’s aeration and seeding program.
Whether your lawn is in perfect health or poor health, you’re more than likely to see positive results with our program. The following are included with our aeration and seeding service:
- We will perform a double core aeration of your lawn to ensure that sunlight, water, and air all reach your seeds to help promote the healthy growth of your new grass.
- We will use six pounds of our specially blended seed for every 1,000 square feet of your lawn to ensure that your grass is properly seeded.
- We will provide you with an additional five-pound bag of Virginia Green grass seed that you can then use to fill in any thinning or bare areas.
- We will provide you with detailed instructions on how to prepare your lawn for seeding so that you can achieve the best results.
- We will provide you with detailed instructions on how to mow and water your lawn after it’s been seeded.
Virginia Green has years of experience and expertise creating green, healthy lawns.